air[p]lanes like shooting stars.
[html]

{WC: 311} <3

Rook watched as the Crimson Dream leader departed, taking in the fact that he would be forever grateful for her acceptance and warm welcome. He exhaled slowly before glancing back to Barrett. He was expecting that the yearling would give him directions to a place to stay, extend his good tiding, and retreat back to his humble abode... his plane. Perhaps, he would check out that other silvery thing at a more favorable hour of the day, some other time when Barrett wasn’t busy. His ears shakily perked up and his tail uncurled; when offered a grin, Rook couldn’t help but to beam right back. He waited for the “goodbye” and “welcome” and “good luck” but was caught by surprise.

“So plants, huh.” Barrett offered in renewed conversation. “Anything interesting?” Rook wondered what he could have meant by “interesting” and mustered up the best answer he could. “Nnn-not really, but I have been spotting plants that I’ve only seen in my uncle’s journal: show lady’s slippers, rhodoras, meadowsweet…” He paused for a moment, the claws of his right hand still idly grasping and feeling the paw pads of his left digits. “But, um… I’m not really sure what you mean. Interesting like as in… exotic species… or something of the sort?”

He shifted his weight from one foot to the other as the youth brought up the plane again. A better look at it? Now? His eyes lit up; the tip of his tail even gave a little shake. “R-really?” he questioned at first. “Sh-sure! That’d be great.” His mind flickered back to the few boxes he had eyed earlier before the duo had met. He didn’t linger on that thought though for long. “What… is a plane anyway?” he asked. “I mean, what does it d-do…exactly? If i-it isn’t s’posed to be in pieces like the one in the field.”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-packup b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-packup .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-packup p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-packup {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7I61 ... packup.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 225px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread