to see the dancing ladies
[html]

She was interrupted by the quiet voice of an unfamiliar-yet-familiar creature. Ralla had approached without the Fire Tender's notice, though it did not startle the red wolf Amara as it might have. They were, after all, around the Great Fire; this was a place for their profession, and to expect anything else would have been foolish. Chitsa paused in her work, turning blue eyes to the snow-colored woman with faint curiosity. Of course, it didn't take long for her to move on to questions. These weren't the questions of the annoying child, Ayasha, but simple things about her life. Had she settled in? What was it she was singing? The young Amara wiped her brow with the back of one cream-gloved arm.

"Yes, I've settled fine. In his condition, Dawali has kept me busy; it's a shame Mischka is gone. He really deserves a woman to tend to him." Her brother held a high place in her heart, just as any of her siblings did. It was enjoyable to serve dinner for Dawali and her niece, Sakari, and time in the Town Hall with the two of them had greatly helped her prior sorrows over the loss of Kotori; it wasn't the same, however, as tending to her duties as a mate, and she expected it wasn't the same for Dawali as it had been with her sister-in-law.

A hand rose to brush away flyaway locks of burnished brown. "It was just a song; Agitsi used to sing to me, when I was a little girl." Oh, her mother, who was suffering in the same place as her youngest daughter. Their mates were gone, and to add salt to the wound, Chitsa and Songan had left her as well. For a moment, she felt guilty, but it soon passed. Sanuye and her brothers would continue where Chitsa and Songan left off, there would be no break in her mother's life. Simply missing pieces.

She hefted a sigh and returned to her work, each motion effortless and fluid as if she'd done it all her life. "What brings you out to talk today?" she asked, her words curious; she hadn't tried to speak to others more frequently than she needed to, and often wondered if it caused them to see her as unfriendly.

<style type="text/css">
.chitsa-skyfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#fa7d07; letter-spacing:1px; }
.chitsa-skyfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.chitsa-skyfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.chitsa-skyfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#29254e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PuGj5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #29254e; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772615; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread