to see the dancing ladies
[html]

Forgive the non-prettiness/fail, I have no mouse and hence copying and pasting codes makes Rachel an annoyed-Rachel :< So it shall be prettied after vacation -_-. EDIT: IT HAS BEEN DONE! >:O

"I'm happy to hear that; that's you've settled, that is. I never knew Mischka; was she Dawali's mate?" Perhaps it was rude to ask, but Ralla's mind was not exactly as calculating and careful as normal. Besides, she would've been comfortable with these questions in any other situation with close friends; she would've asked the same question blatantly to Dawali--who, she had noticed, had become close enough to her that she no longer referred to him strictly as Chief Dawali in certain company--had she been prompted. It simply had not come up before.

"It was lovely." In truth, Ralla could not really comment much further than that. She had only briefly known her mother, when she was so very, very young. Perhaps her mother had sung to her--Noss had told her that Lenarshe liked to sing, and that's where Ralla inherited it from--but she could not recall the songs, and only the faintest wisp of a voice remained in her memory. She ceased her movements through the smoke and went to help Chitsa, not because she thought that the other women needed the help, but because she wanted to do a kind thing. Everyone in the world only needed a little kindness, and perhaps they would thaw quicker than her heart. But he had shown her kindness and love, and then...

"Only duty," she responded, feeling the bark of the newly chopped wood beneath her fingertips. Rough and smooth, all at once. Ralla was somewhat like a new tree; on the outside she was covered by an armor, and on the inside she was soft and green. Kemo had been able to cut through to her inside, and he had left a warped knot in his place. It wasn't always that way, though. Ralla used to be open to all--she wanted to be again. But how could one fix a warp? "I love the Great Fire; it was a great light in the darkness, whenever I needed it." This was true, and she hoped it would be true again. A tree didn't need an ax to get to its center; a fire could burn through the bark just as well. "I'm sure you feel the same way. It is our guardian." Thinking deeply, Ralla wondered when the last time was that she properly held a teaching circle; when she had properly trained someone or taught another the stories. Likely Chitsa knew the stories better than she, being born in the Great Tribe, but she was curious about another thing. "Did you dance, too, in the Great Tribe? The fire dances?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread