to see the dancing ladies
[html]

She didn't answer the question about Mischka, for it wasn't her place to disclose any more than a name when it came to her brother's late mate. In fact, Chitsa remained quiet as she went about her task despite the fact that the Etikaiele Gata answered her questions. Her hands bundled the wood while ember-jaws remained shut and periwinkle eyes watched her fingers as they worked. Though Chitsa was so frequently a laughing, joyful woman, the death of Kotori had hampered her attitude significantly. She was sure that someday, like Dawali, she would return to herself and once again be something close to happy. Death was not an end, and the Spirits would allow her to be with him again.

Her ears twisted to listen as Ralla began to speak about the Great Fire, though her eyes remained focused on her task. It confused the woman to think that someone who had not been born to the world of her Tribe could be so attuned to it — they were not really the same. As Ralla expressed a belief that Chitsa felt the same as she, Chitsa cleared her throat and stood, brushing feather-woven locks back over her shoulders. "I believe that I feel more deeply about it than you do." There was no insult in her voice, only honesty, as she offered a firm opinion of the differences between those who came to the tribe after birth and those who were born into it through generations of blood.

She stacked the bundles of wood in a careful heap somewhere both close and far from the Great Fire, to ensure they wouldn't be confused as simple firewood but would not burn without prompting. The Etikaele Gata's question caused Chitsa to turn, a frown coloring her features. Dancing? As far as she was concerned, there had never been dancing. "I was unaware that anyone would dance with fire. Fire is dangerous; that would be similar to battle, I believe." A grim sense of distrust rose within her chest in regards to the white-furred woman, who seemed so different from what the Fire Tender was used to.

<style type="text/css">
.chitsa-skyfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#fa7d07; letter-spacing:1px; }
.chitsa-skyfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.chitsa-skyfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.chitsa-skyfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#29254e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PuGj5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #29254e; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772615; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread