As I Rise
[html]

Pride swelled his chest at her excitement; even without the persuasion of drugs, Nayru saw the mountain and coastland for all its beauty. Perhaps his heart even fluttered a little at her small exclamation. Nevertheless, Razekiel smiled at her a moment, studying her reaction a long while, before turning his gaze out to Mother Nature's glory once more. He breathed in the mixture of fresh air and smoke, closing his eyes a moment as the Mother brushed through and embraced his being with the summer wind.

"I would love to join you here," she began, and at that he swelled with eagerness and excitement, straw eyes widening in sheer anticipation — but still she cut him at the knees, almost retracting the statement. Dahlia de Mai was simply too important to leave behind. An understandable concept, for sure, but still the coyote's great grin sank to a disappointed, small and forced smile. His shoulders sank and he shrugged; perhaps he was a fool to believe she would do any different.

Nayru requested to see the Abbey he'd spoken of with a newborn excitement, with a tone Razekiel could only find hopeful and recognizing. He nodded powerfully, smile reviving. "Of course, my fox, of course! This way, if you will!" He turned on his heel, stumbling (and giggling) a moment as his excitement forced him to move too fast for his marijuana-induced brain to keep up with. Fortunately, he had become familiar with the scenery and land, and not even drugs could keep him from knowing where to go.

The trip was short, and on it he spoke more of the Abbey and of the other places she could see, she could grow to love — even if it was a failing argument. Their mountain path switched subtly to a lane lined with stone beneath their feet, the underbrush somewhat wild and creeping between the cracks. "It will need some trimming, perhaps, if my Mother allows it," he gurgled as the Buddhist temples erupted into their view — still in pristine condition, as if Mother Nature herself had preserved it from deathly weather. Once again Razekiel breathed the air contentedly, finding great peace in a place so surrounded by lush nature, and the babbling brook that ran the abbey's backside.

"Gampo Abbey," he said, pointing gingerly to the old, age-worn sign that stood nearby. How it was still legible, he did not know. "The old Buddhist temple, man. Real fab, real peaceful. The Great Mother loves it, man. Have a look, yeah?" With a patient wave, he directed her within, to learn the beautiful secrets he had spoken of in the place he wished to build upon.

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread