As I Rise
[html]

Gathered in the man's arms Nayru felt more at ease in such an embrace than she ever had before. So slow had the girl been to accept the physical touch of others, why did she feel so at home with the Lykoi man? Yet she did not question it, merely gave into the feeling of celebration and clung to the man, laughing as he twirled her in their smoky cloud. With such unbridled joy surging through her, how could she possibly be making the wrong decision? When her feet found the floor again she grasped his hands in her's and for the first time ever danced with a partner, unsure of her feet as she had only ever twirled and spun by herself except with Razekiel had taken it upon himself to turn and twist her, but it did not matter, they simply moved and they moved together.

"I'm sure. I'm meant to be here." As she spoke these words she knew them to be true. It had been the white woman who led her into Dahlia de Mai in the first place. Now she was leading her out. Who was Nayru, a small being in such a large universe, to argue with the greater powers? Yet his words made her pause. While she could hurl herself head first into this adventure, she was responsible for so many others. Could she bring all of Dahlia de Mai with her? Would they want to go? And what was this of Phoenix Valley?

"Phoenix Valley is moving here, all of them?" Her soft voice echoed off the walls of the hall as they stopped dancing to music only those two could hear, provided by good moods and mother nature. "Is Jefferson bringing them here?" Had the gruff seen the light as well?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread