As I Rise
[html]

With another warm embrace the deal was sealed. Nayru felt the excitement span out from her heart into every extremity of her body. The energy that pulsed in her was almost too much an d to expel some of it she gripped the man tightly, with more strength than one would imagine the small girl held. This was happening. It was all she could think of and barely did she noticed as the man moved them back outside. It was only when the sunlight hit her face she did realize they were in motion. Although, they were constantly in motion, weren't they? Ever changing? Nayru finally felt she was embracing that change, rather than pushing away from it. And oh, it felt good.

Then the man verbalized the one fear she held. Some of them would come readily enough, happy enough to leave behind lands littered with too many emotions. Gideon would ever be by her side, and the rest of their core family wouldn't be too hard to convince. Family was more important than land. Some of them, perhaps not. Some of them would maybe even choose to be left behind. But if they couldn't let go of Dahlia de Mai, than could she blame them? Nayru knew enough of them would be strong enough to move forward.

"I'm just going to tell them. They will understand, one way or another." It might take some talking. It might even take bringing them up the mountain slopes to open their minds and hearts to the idea, but it could be done. "Yes. You should be there. And I should be with you. We're in this together." It felt nice to say that, to know she had a partner, a friend, a new family member. Someone she could lean on and let lean on her, rather than being the sole parent of so many children. It had been too much, she realized now. Soon enough she wouldn't have to feel the haunting loneliness that sometimes ate at her without her realizing it. Soon enough.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread