Am I still waiting, [aw]
[html]

I've got no objections here! And I'm glad you like the table. It's one of my favourites!
Word Count→346

Hybrid wasn’t sure where she was going with her explanation, so he just shrugged. Okay, sure, they could carry messages. Unless these owls were hardy enough to deliver such messages during a war, when communication was sorely needed, he didn’t see what the problem was with just plain old howling. At least when you howled, you didn’t need to be able to communicate with the owl and read handwriting, two things which Hybrid most certainly could not do. So in the end, he just shrugged and filed the information away for another time. He doubted he’d ever need to know that, but in the end, it was just some other thing someone told him. Members of Inferni were constantly telling him things without any heed to whether he’d care or not, so he supposed Valkyrie could do much worse.

When she commented on patrolling, boredly noting that it sounded “fun,” Hybrid shrugged and then coughed awkwardly in reply. “It’s not so much fun as necessary. I might not like it, but that’s rather irrelevant,” he replied. He would much rather be fighting than scouring the borders for cowardly wolves.

Hybrid shook out his neck, stretching it in an awkward, jolting way that suited him well enough. He had enough scars around his neck and throat that they constricted slightly with the sudden movement, but it made his shoulders feel a bit better to move them around. He was about to yawn when Valkyrie spoke again. He stopped, with his jaw open a bit as he tried not to yawn, a little surprised at her question. He snapped his jaws shut and then frowned at his daughter through the darkness.

“It’s a bit late,” he replied lamely. He didn’t fucking know what to say now. Certainly he was well-versed in Inferni’s history, but he didn’t feel comfortable imparting it to her. Suddenly crabby, he snapped, “why are you awake anyways? Not patrolling, I bet, since it’s so fun.” The last word he drew out with an acidic drawl, but decided to pipe up again. “But I suppose.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread