there's a drumming noise inside my head
[html]

Word Count → 379

Look what I made for you! Big Grin A thread! Yay! <3 Also, I've not given a ton of thought to how this thread will go. So. That's exciting. Big Grin

After she had parted from Ouija, she felt the need for something else. The desire to return to Inferni now was not there. Instead, she still needed to travel. There was a very nice piece of land to the near southeast that she'd never explored. Sage knew it to be home to a pack of wolves, but she knew little about them. From all accounts outside Inferni, they were peaceful. But Infernians wanted nothing to do with the Valley dwellers. She wondered why.

So she made her way there, traveling on horseback over several neutral lands before the vague markers reached her nostrils. Here, she would slow. She did not want to trespass, only to observe, gather clues. What was the reason that Inferni had a shady past with them? In the stories, it had been unclear. Maybe now, she could learn for herself.

As she meandered slowly, cautiously through the trees, a familiar scent stunned her nose. The delicious, musky smell of marijuana was always distinguishable. There was something else, too, but she couldn't recognize it. Curious, she took a hasty puff of the lit joint in her mouth and ushered Lennon on.

Soon, the sounds of music hit her ears. Guitar strings and a lullaby; something that she once deemed a quality of home. Large ears rose high atop her skull, wavering in the breeze to pick up each note that she could decipher. Songbirds joined in on the melodies, and she stared around, awestruck. With a wave of unsure recollection, her heart flew to her throat and she froze, forcing Lennon to a halt. Sage's rust-splashed nose wrinkled, her brows furrowing as she neared. It couldn't be.

Disbelief still rang boldly in her mind, even as something so simply known presented itself to her. A tent. Simple, unremarkable. In the middle of this forest. Could it be anything else? Briefly her thoughts flashed to that silver boy, Gael; but this was different.

Dismounting and letting Lennon rummage around, she took several steps towards the small tent, the strong scent of marijuana emanating from it. Holding her joint between two fingers, she called out tentatively, still staying a few yards away. "Hello?" came her voice, almost timid voice. She hoped she'd be heard over the music.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread