there's a drumming noise inside my head
[html]

Ahh I'm here!

While up lost in the mountains and waiting out the February snowstorm in a hollowed cave, Razekiel had served as entertainment of sorts for the Quebecois pack that had also been passing through at the time of the blizzard. He and their group waited out the storm in the safety of the cave, spending days trading stories and nights singing and laughing around the campfire, accompanied as always by Razekiel, a smoking joint and his acoustic guitar. Despite the cold, they had a grand time, and the coyote was hardly against following them back to their french homeland in the west.

He'd stupidly either lost or forgotten the guitar in the mountains (no surprise, as he was buried in marijuana at the time), and the Aube de Musique folks had been kind enough to gift him with a new one. Unlike the old acoustic, which had been brown and plain, the one he'd been gifted had been recently refurbished by the music-centered francophones; buried in instruments, one of the pack's artisans had painted the guitar a bright magenta. Upon giving it to Razekiel, the pack had decorated it in painted flowers and radical colors, and beads and charms dangled from every opportunity. He loved the thing like a child, though not quite like his children, and nicknamed her Thyme.

In between the jingling of chimes, the strumming of his fingers at her strings, and the lofty, hazy lullaby that drifted from his throat, dark ears picked on a foreign voice from outside. In certainly no hurry, Razekiel finished the chorus and allowed the chords to ring to the air. Only then did he breathe deeply from the joint between his teeth and delicately set the guitar aside. "All right, all right," he called, though amusement lingered in his surrendering tone. "Don't get your wig all flipped, man; if I'm botherin' you, I'll flake off, I'll..."

Straightening himself up as he ducked from the tent, straw eyes finally fell upon her: "Mm?" After a beat, they widened some, and the joint tipped and fell from his teeth and to the ground. Hazy grin stretched across his face and he laughed, voice raising in surprise and excitement. "Dear Mother, you're too kind! My little Sage, my big girl — ahahaha, I'm freakin' out, man — hello! Hello!" He opened his arms to her as an invitation for an embrace, and in his warm eyes lingered pride and love like never before.

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread