there's a drumming noise inside my head
[html]

Word Count → 402

<33333

Although she hadn't truly repressed them, Sage kept the memories of her father's accusation tucked away. She had faced those dark thoughts recently enough when Micah had stumbled into Inferni, but forced her thoughts quickly elsewhere. She couldn't believe that her father had been a murderer; and if he had once, he surely wasn't now, right? The Lykoi girl refused to believe that he was anything less than a perfect idol. As his familiar, comforting voice blanketed her ears, she breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

Daddy revealed that he hadn't just been here, but everywhere, and Sage's golden eyes widened with envy. She often missed her life of travel. Though she did plenty within these lands, it wasn't quite the same. No, not the same at all.

He lifted her and together they spun; regardless of the fading high from her discarded joint, Sage felt amazing, wonderful, and ecstatic like she hadn't in months. Razekiel attempted to speak a language that was foreign to her, and with a beaming grin, she gently raised her brows. "Daddy, I don't speak French; you know that! You make it sound so lovely..."

Taking in a heavy, deep breath of his scent, she relaxed fully in his embrace. As her father laughed, so did she, unable to contain the explosion of happy emotion she felt. "Oh, yes; I'm quite well. Inferni has treated me wonderfully, Daddy; they've even made me their Optio!" She beamed, still quite unable to fathom herself leading others; though it really did suit her quite well. "China and Clover must be traveling more lately; since the snowstorm, I've seen less and less of them... I'm afraid China may have lost her way, though, Daddy. Maybe even Clover, too..." As she revealed these concerns, her ears lowered against her dark waves; it hurt her heart to think that her sisters had so little faith left. After all, look what her own faith and hope had brought her!

"Have you seen Micah? He's somewhere nearby; we had a picnic with him a few months ago, but I don't know where he's settled..." Sage's gaze wandered as a small songbird flew down from the treetops and perched properly on top of her Daddy's tent. Dark ears sprang alert again, and she giggled softly as the bird offered a single chirp. "Daddy, you've got a visitor. I think he liked your singing!"

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread