I do my dreaming with eyes wide open
[html]

Again too lazy to get the runes: Agony gets the calc runed gris-gris, and Jackson gets the gar runed gris-gris. Yay for coming of age!

Word Count → 446

The ceremony was short, with the white-furred Naniko explaining the purpose of his children's hunts the night before: Jackson, gentle and brave, and Agony, cunning and determined. He had seen these things in them already, and felt the words were true. Though no smile coloured his features, he supposed that there was pride there for his youngest children, the children he had raised alone to this new stage in their life. They were now adults, and his time as a working father had come to a comfortable close.

Naniko offered her own gifts to the pair, and he didn't wait for her to give a signal before approaching; he wasn't the only one, as a young girl came forward to congratulate the boy with cheerful words. Ravesque turned to his daughter first, allowing Jackson his moment with his friend, and offered the first gris-gris to the cream-coloured girl. "This is for you. You are an adult now, and I expect you will go your own way, like Jackson will; this is to protect you as you continue to grow." The speech was short, but as heartfelt as he would get in front of so many others, and punctuated with a brief smile before he pressed his nose to his daughter's forehead.

Once the younger girl had ceased talking, he turned to Jackson, prepared to give the same speech. He offered the undyed gris-gris, clearing his throat and standing straight. "This is for you. You are an adult now, and I expect the two of you to go your own ways at some point; this is to protect you as you continue to grow." Again, the words were clear and simple and punctuated with a smile that lingered only for a moment before disappearing. There would be more speeches from their father in the future, and he felt the simplest words were the easiest for them to understand, for anyone to understand, regardless of age.

With his role finished, he thought to turn away, prepared to return to his den rather than remain amongst mostly strangers — it wasn't that he didn't like them, but that he was less social as of late. He paused in step, though, and turned back again, this time focusing on Naniko as he spoke to his children. "I think I'm going to do something special for you two. Tomorrow, we'll have a good meal; Naniko, you're invited to come along. As is your son." Scorpius was as much his son as hers, but he felt it respectful to address him in such a way in front of the white Queen. After all, she had raised him without much help from the dark man himself. With the words completed, he started his way back to the caverns to rest.

Ravesque

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.ra-eclipse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.ra-eclipse p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ra-eclipse .charname {font-family: 'Special Elite', serif; color:#fed95f; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:60px; font-weight:400; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.ra-eclipse b {color:#fed95f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ra-eclipse {background-color:#2a503a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Mfqzn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#263328; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #263328;}
.ra-eclipse .inner {margin:0px 5px 60px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#263328;}
.ra-eclipse p.wordcount {color:#fed95f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #263328; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread