out & on, before i set this room alight
[html]

Word Count → 3+ :: I am superbly sorry for how long this reply took! Also, I know this is a mentor thread and you are expecting some manner of critique and help with your writing, but I totally forgot to ask you whether you'd like that posted at the start of my replies, or PMed to you in private Confused I must add that your post up there was brilliant! You have a fantastic and natural-sounding talent with the use of metaphor, and I am going to enjoy reading all your following posts! Big Grin

Tranquility seemed to coat the land of Nova Scotia, although the heavens hung with baited breath in expectation of potential showers. However, the dismay grey clouds did not deter the agile form of Alaine Winters from her routine flora-gathering treks from Cour des Miracles. On this day she was to be found astride the gently sloping back of her rotund bay mare, Nana, equipped with her leather satchel and nothing more.

The pair were headed westward, towards the sloping knolls and pockets of the evergreen Shiloh Hills. Their broad expanse beckoned the usually lackadaisical and lazy broodmare, who kept her large body in motion at an easy trot. The Apothecary had long since become adjusted to the movements of the horse, and she sat loosely, ivory fingers twined in the creature's shaggy black mane and thighs tensed to guide it as they moved. The woman rode without tack; Her equestrian skills, although surpassed by many, were capable enough for such a feat.

A cool breeze tangled in the healer's unruly auburn ringlets, spinning the jade gemstone plaited into one of the curls. But although the area was filled with much beauty, Alaine's thoughts turned inward, as they did so frequently of late. Ever since losing her pupil to the coyote clan in the North - Ezekiel was Inferni's leader now, and had no time for the likes of her, such a thing he had made very clear - the woman had been somewhat quiet and withdrawn. It was as though someone had muffled her very existence; Perhaps the world was beginning to forget that she existed at all. More troubling than these thoughts was the feeling of deep foreboding that chilled her gut when she pondered too long on the past. Bad news was coming, she could feel it; If only there was a way to escape whatever it was fate held in store-

The Apothecary's attention was snatched away as Nana tossed her head and came to a stop. The mammoth mare, although placid as a nursemaid and kinder than any Luperci Alaine had ever known, was quick to pick up the scent of an approaching figure, brought to them on the traveling wind. Alaine's shamrock-green eyes glanced keenly about the rolling hills, and although she urged the large bay broodmare into a trot once more, her vigilance remained. Whoever dallied in the hills would surely come to her attention soon enough; It would surely be difficult for them to miss the big mare and her exotic rider.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread