[M][P] - New Beginnings on Strange Shores
[html]277

From the corner of his eye, Fjor saw a figure shimmering against the heat rising from the sands. A dark-furred memory, dancing in the far reaches of his vision. He closed his eyes – this is it. He must be losing it. He was seeing visions of her. He took another toke off of his joint, exhaling in a sigh. At least – in a small way – this would mean he would always be with her. A maddening vision, following him wherever he runs to.

He opened his right eye slowly, then both as he saw that the hallucination was in the process of sitting down next to him. As she landed, a small spray of sand hit Fjor’s side – it felt so real. He lay staring at her dumbfounded for a few moments before reaching a paw towards her hesitantly.

“Na.. Natia…” he choked, fumbling over the syllables drunkly. It couldn’t be… was she? “You… you……”

And in a sudden crashing moment, he realized this was not Natia. The cream fur along her stomach gave her away. He withdrew his hand quickly, raising his torso with his arms, pushing himself awkwardly away from her for a moment, kicking up sand in his brief, awkward crab-walk. He froze, having barely started his move. How rude of him – insulting, even.

“I… I’m sorry. I thought you were someone else. His ears pricked backwards in shame and apology. “Who are you?” She looked remarkably similar to Natalia. The same small, agile form, the same womanly body…. the same striking eyes… He settled into a less startled position and retrieved the joint from where it fell on the sand, miraculously still smoking.[/html]

Messages In This Thread