breathing in snowflakes
331 words

As excitable as Wretch was, she was a sensible little girl. Her bright green eyes looked up at him and Saul smiled softly. He was her guardian, unofficially, but she was more like a daughter to him. Perhaps they had developed a father daughter relationship- Saul may have even followed in his younger brothers footsteps. Wretch seemed to know what he was thinking and asked him a question that he didnt know the answer to. "I hope so Wretch... I havent lived with my brother since I was younger. It would be nice to be close to him and his family again. We'll see what we can find today? Something suitable for all of us!" He said, hoping his almost-daughters young mind would be able to find something that the whole family might fit in to. The little girl tried to catch up with him, but he could see it was a daunting prospect. She spoke and Saul smiled softly towards her. A brave little girl, no doubt about that.

"Ah, well, slowpoke, we'll ease up then shall we? I think we're just coming into a town called Trenton, so keep your eyes wide open"

He said, nuzzling the little girls head as she caught up with him. They'd slowed now and Saul looked at the buildings around him. Most were in a state of disrepair, although nothing that would mean there was no hope for any of the building. It seemed Trenton and New Glasgow and wherever else they'd settled had been hit by the snow storm too, but it didnt seem as bad as the rest of the lands that had been affected. Saul was curious, dipping in and out of a few buildings to see what they were. From his limited knowledge, he guessed that most of them were business related- there weren't a whole lot of residential buildings around here.

"See anything yet sweety?"

He asked, wondering what his ward's look on the town of Trenton was.

Messages In This Thread