i feel better, but the damage is still there
Cinnamon backed ears twitched atop the males head as Ookami spoke once more. He should have spoken to Nayru about it, asked her for a few more breaks. But he'd carried Wretch for bits of it and he hadnt thought about how anyone else was feeling. Shame washed through him and he wanted to apologise to the male for not speaking up about more breaks. Still, there was nothing he could do about it now and apologising would be pointless. Holding the males paw in his hands, gentle but firmly feeling for the imflammed spot that he had felt just a few moments ago, Saul could tell that this injury was nothing serious. He would tell the male to stay off it, but light exercise would help. "Light exercise is good, but the trek up here was definitely too much. The ligaments have healed, but the muscles are weak from the tear and still need to build back up properly. The tear rubbed on the walk up here and became irritated and inflammed. Easily fixed though, so dont worry." He spoke softly and calmly, but listening back to his voice in his mind, Saul almost chuckled. He actually sounded like he was a professional at this. Cinnamon ears perked up as he spoke about Wretch. Saul nodded in agreement.

"It was more than that though... Along with a broken leg and a broken jaw, she lost her memory. Aside from her name, she has no idea where she comes from, who she belongs to. So I became her guardian and she goes where I go. She doesnt really speak much to anyone else, which is a shame since if everyone say her how I did, she would be surronded with friends."

He spoke warmly of his half-daughter, a smile stretching his face into a grin. He placed the males paw back on the ground and stood up. He had found a raspberry bush on the way up the mountains around in the dampwoods and knew the leaves to be a good anti-inflammatory. He entered the office building quickly, emerging with the wrapped up leaves that had been stowed away in the bottom of his rucksack now that they had arrived in Ichika. As he exited, he came and sat down on the floor once more. Ookami spoke and Saul smiled, before the pale man continued, admitting himself to be homesick. Saul admired the male for admitting that he was homesick. Saul never would have said it outloud. And he dread to think Saluce's reaction to homesickness was. He patted the males knee with a smile.

"I don't have a cure for homesickness, I'm sorry. But I find that there is no reason to be homesick with your family around you. You came with the rest of Phoenix Valley, so you bought all your loved ones with you. I felt very torn about leaving Dahlia when Nayru first told us of the move... But I realised as long as my family were with me, it mattered not where we went."

He spoke warmly once again, holding in his mind clearly the faces of Gideon, Nayru, Saluce, Melee, Range, Wretch, Siku lingered longer than the rest and he smiled softly. Lost in the thoughts of those he loved, the raspberry leaves stayed resting in his hands, forgotten for just a moment.

Messages In This Thread