Break my heart
And just like that they were awkward and shy and unhappy together. Eclipse reacted to his reaction in the only way she knew how- by mirroring it. And instead of a happy reunion, it was one plagued with uncertainty and confusion. Saul felt his heart give a squeeze as the mental images of him and Eclipse hugging and catching up fading in his mind. He didnt, however, count on her crying. Cinnamon backed ears rushed forward to catch the sound of his crying cousin, the sniffles and the firm fixation on the floor. And he moved forward as she spoke. He paused, thinking of the hypocricy of it all. Eclipse was the one who'd run, not him. He'd been in Dahlia all this time, right up until Dahlia de Mai was no more, sinking back into the ashes from which it had arisen. It was she who was so like her father. But he couldnt hurl these things at her, wouldnt. It wasnt her fault and there was no way he was going to hurt her.

"I wouldn't leave Eclipse. I go where my family goes... Or perhaps they go where I go, I'm not sure. Your father... Well we still dont know where he's gone."

He admitted before seeing the shame and hurt in her eyes. She couldnt help but cover her face in her hands, hide away. And Saul wasnt going to let her hide away. Soft but firm fingers reached up to pry her fingers from her face, softly stroking her cheek where a tear had left its mark. They were both so worried and shy it wasnt doing them any good. He managed a soft smile for his cousin, before he continued.

"But its okay now Eclipse. I found you... or you found me. You can come home... to your family. We've moved- Dahlia is no more. But Nayru has lead us past the mountains to make a new community with those from Phoenix Valley. We should leave soon... to get back for morning."

He was firm and insitent that she was coming with him- he hadnt yet noticed the pack smell on her.

Messages In This Thread