My Silent Undoing
[html]
On my table? Does it show up funny or something? O.o

In her half-asleep state, Axelle's scent came to her as a sort of dream-memory. Back when there was still snow on the ground, she had met the black and white female in this same graveyard. In fact, that meeting had been right after the very first time she had seen her brother since joining Dahlia de Mai. At the time, Axelle had been pregnant, and none too happy with it. Voron opened her eyes slowly when her name was spoken, to see the bi-coloured female sitting in front of her with a worried look on her face. Not a dream after all. When Axelle started taking food out, Voron's stomach gurgled loudly, showing more life than it had for days. The black wolf was ashamed that her friend would find her in such a pitiful state.

”Eat, my friend. You look like you need it,”
Axelle said as she set out cooked meat and a bowl of water and placed them in front of Voron. The black female shot her friend a look of deep gratitude as she rose to her feet and quickly engulfed the small meal. Starving though she was, the food filled her quickly. Her stomach must have shrunk from living off of nothing for so long. When done with the food and water, Voron sat back on her haunches and looked at the ground ashamedly.

"Thank you, Axelle," she said quietly. "I never though I'd see you here. Though I should have known – with Dahlia de Mai gone, there's nothing to keep you away from your graveyard friends. I'm... I am very grateful for the food and water." A breath of wind ruffled Voron's coat, and she flinched. It had felt like the brush of a ghost against her fur.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread