My Silent Undoing
[html]

OOC:
Word Count:

, ”I’m not sure who leads now, but they call themselves Ichika no Ho-en.” Voron considered this. Maybe one day she would find them, maybe there was still a place for her among her old pack. But for now the black female was happy to stay in Dahlia's old territory. She was familiar with the land, and wouldn't have to deal with the daily stresses of pack life. Voron knew that she would get lonely soon enough, but would enjoy the relative solitude of neutral territory until then.

”Why are you afraid of him now? Last time I saw you, you seemed happy to see him. Don’t be afraid. Don't be afraid of your brother,” Axelle said. Voron sighed. True, when her brother had first started appearing she had been happy. But now... now she wished he would just leave her alone. "I used to be happy to see him," she said, talking slowly and considering her words before she spoke. “At first, I was just happy because I missed him. Then, I was happy when he appeared because I thought I could finally get his forgiveness. I talked to him, I begged him to say that it wasn't my fault...” She trailed off, staring into the past for a second. By “it,”
she ment Cheron's death. “For a long time, he never talked to me. He would just appear and stand there, or sometimes follow me around. He would stare at me... But he never talked. Then one night I had a horrible nightmare. I was in a fast and freezing river, with water and debris tumbling all around me. I couldn't breathe. In my dream, I saw myself standing on the bank, and I cried out, but no help came. When I woke up, Cheron was sitting next to me. His eyes were so cold. And that's when I knew...” the black female gulped. “He blames me.” The stench of wet wolf was even stronger now, as if Cheron was listening in on his sister's story. “I'm afraid to go in the water.” Voron admitted, casting her eyes down in shame. “I have been all my life, which I why I couldn't save him. For a long time I've fought my fear, and it had almost gone away by the time I reached Dahlia de Mai. But now I'm terrified of the water again. I think Cheron is punishing me for letting him die.”

<style type="text/css">
.voroncc b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2e0e3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.voroncc .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.voroncc p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.voroncc {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:#450c0c; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2h3pg80.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e77989; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread