M. Drunken Lullabies
[html]

Hope this is okay for my first post back on Souls! <3

Lucia had no plans on moving today, quite intent with sitting at the base of a tall pine tree and drinking her sorrows away. Little rays of sunshine beat down through the leafy canopy, a soft breeze whispering between the trees. At her feet were a small bunch of thistles, common here all through the summer. For the past couple of days Lucia had hung pretty close to this tree, sleeping and drinking until she could find something else to occupy her time. It hadn't been long since she had crossed into the borders of Nova Scotia again, and already she was finding herself quite content… or maybe that was the alcohol. With malachite eyes unsettled and unfocused, Lucia caught a glimpse of, what she believed could be, a rabbit. Her stomach grumbled but the ebony female paid it little mind, deciding that if she were to eat anything, the alcohol wouldn’t keep clogging her system. That would not do at all.

Glancing down at her stomach as it gave another loud growl, Lucia shook her head. “Quiet down, I’m trying to drink my troubles away! You growling at me is simply adding to my list of problems…” Yes, it seemed that she had started talking to herself. In her time away from these familiar landscapes, Lucia had made little contact with anyone. Since the crumbling of her relationship with Snake, she found it difficult to trust anyone anymore, especially men. The majority of her time had been spent drinking, travelling from place to place, and trying to forget about her time spent in Inferni. However, this had not gone according to plan. Before long she was back at the borders of Nova Scotia, and before she could stop herself, she had crossed them. Back here, drunk again, it was just like before. Well… almost.

As her mind raced over the past couple of months, Lucia’s nostrils began to quiver. On the breeze was the scent of another. Her eyes narrowed coldly, hand tightening around the cold metal handle of one of her daggers. Sticking her nose higher into the air, she peered through the trees ahead of her, though with the amount of alcohol running through her bloodstream, it was hard to see anything. Everything was simply a haze of dirt and trees… and a lot of shades of green.

Muttering inaudibly, Lucia’s attention fell away from the horizon. Looking at the bottles beside her, she grabbed the open one. Taking a swig, a small dribble running down her chin, Lucia gave a small hiccup. If she carried on drinking, she hoped that her body would eventually give up and send her into a deep slumber. She could not recall the last time sleep had been peaceful, or even when she had slept for longer than an hour. Luckily her eyes were deceiving; they showed little of this fact. She looked as alert and awake as anyone who had swallowed three bottles in an hour, with many more left to go.

Having another swig, a ray of sunshine bore down through the trees right into her eyes. Cringing, she felt the bottle almost slip from her grasp. Giving a small gasp as she tightened her fingers around the neck, she looked around to see if anyone saw anything. Realizing she had done that, Lucia chuckled to herself. “Why did you do that, stupid-head! There’s nobody here... There never is!” Her words trailed off to the slow, steady ‘hick, hick, hick’ of her hiccups, and the soft whistle of the wind. There wasn’t a soul around, and that was the way she liked it.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread