She Sells Sea Shells
[html]

Sorry for the epic wait! Sad Had some problems I had to resolve.

Lucia allowed herself to smile. She wanted her companion to know she was listening, but it did feel strange. The way her lips pulled themselves across her face, the way it seemed to shift her entire look. It didn’t feel right, or normal, thus it didn’t last long. Lucia quickly spoke as to avoid awkwardness. She never was one for the light heartedness in life.

“Cercatori d’Arte?”
She repeated; her voice slightly raspy. The amount of smoking she had done in the recent weeks, it was no surprise. Coughing slightly, trying to clear her throat, Lucia continued. There was little improvement on her voice. “It rings a bell, but I can’t say I recall ever being there or hearing much about it. What’s it like? What’s the story?” She paused, toying with the idea of prying into Skye’s history a little. She decided she may as well. The worst that could happen would be that the subject would get changed or she would walk off – both of these, the dark female could live with. She didn’t know this woman well enough to care too much, even if she did seem like good conversation. Lucia had too small of a heart for that anymore.

“Why are you escaping your pack?”
The sadness had crept back into her companions eyes. Lucia winced underneath her skin, knowing the look all too well in her own reflection. She had to ask. “Why are you so sad?”

Silence seemed to cloud the two for a minute, but Skye’s voice shattered it as quickly as it came about. The question caught Lucia off guard. She had almost forgotten that she had mentioned Inferni. Her mind had now begun pondering on what skeletons hid in her acquaintance’s closet. Looking back up at the woman, Lucia frowned. Part of her didn’t want to answer, but considering the questions she had just asked, it seemed like the polite thing to do. How did she expect to get answers if she didn’t even give them herself?

Sighing, she shook her head sadly and dropped her gaze over across the ocean. Staring emptily, Lucia spoke, though her mind seemed elsewhere. She was trying not to think too hard, trying not to see his face. “Fell for a handsome coyote named Snake… joined Inferni to be closer with him after we declared our relationship public… took a load of abuse for being a wolf in their ranks… and then, BAM! He disappears in the night. Leaves me, leaves Inferni… gone, vanished without a word. So I left, travelled for a bit, and now I’m back… and I’m going to get my life back. You can be sure of that!” Her tone was drowning in her bitterness, but beneath that was the soft whispering of abandonment. She felt alone, and for the most part, now more than ever, she was.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread