I'll stay in the woods [P]
[html]

Sorry about the wait on this m'dear, I went out on Tuesday night for a friend's birthday and although I get amazing plot ideas when I've had a drink, I try not to write as I make Soran do things she'll regret, usually jumbled in with garbled typos and the like XD And then after that my muse has just been in nosedive mode, I've been managing to get a post up and then inspiration has just died Sad I liked your post though. Apologies for the rambling here, didn't realise how long the post was, don't feel you have the match the length, think I may have rambled too much XD

When this dark other spoke about luxuries being rare the ebony lady knew exactly what she meant, she herself was not one for luck, no matter how she wished and hoped, luck was never on her side; something which was being proved time and time again by her failure to find her children, the lack of affection from her grandchildren. It was true that the dark female probably deserved all of this, but if she had had even the slightest shred of luck, she would have found them, or they would have at least seemed pleased to see her; it seemed that her past actions had done irreparable damage to her Karma, she had not believed in it before, but the more she thought about it, the more it seemed to fit, she had committed an awful crime and now she was being punished, others may have not blamed her, after all that she had been through, but still, it was a crime, and it made her heart ache with guilt every time she thought about little Rokus, so innocent; what would have happened if she had let him alone? Would he have gotten better? Would he now be a grown male with his own family? The truth of the matter was that he would have probably died, the sickness his mother had passed onto him through her bloodstream feeding his being far too cruel and incurable in his small body, but anything was possible, and now the dark lady would never know."I agree, luck is never on my side anymore, I don't see how much it is to ask for a gloomy day to suit our moods, just once in a while." The lady said, nodding in agreement at what the other fae had said.

The other fae was quiet for a short while, tendrils of smoke blowing from her diminishing cigarette, and then all of a sudden she moved, flicking the cigarette away, the lady's emerald eyes followed it, watching the tiny pinprick of red light glow for a few moments, before dying away. As her younger mirror image offered her the leather pouch the ebony fae leant forwards, taking a cigarette from it.
"Thank you." The dark lady managed a small smile to the other fae as she held the cigarette between her long obsidian fingers as she searched in her own leather satchel for a box of matches. She had not smoked for quite a while, but she still carried the matches in her satchel, it contained so many things that it was hard to believe that she didn't carry almost anything in it. The obsidian lady had kept them in case she needed to start a fire for cooking or warmth, she hadn't expected hospitality from anyone, although she had hoped for it; so she had packed for sleeping rough and out in the open. Finally her hand closed around the small box, she removed a match, striking it and lighting the cigarette, before shaking her hand violently to make sure the match truley had gone out before she tossed it away, she did not want to be blamed for the loss of yet another set of packlands to fire, and she was fairly sure that the pine needles would make rather effective kindling. Although she had not smoked for a while, she lifted the cigarette to her lips in a well practiced manner, inhaling the toxic smoke, taking it down deep into her lungs, breathing out of her nose, the smoke billowing out of her nostrils, giving her the appearance of an angry dragon, in another time, another place she might have chuckled at this.

But the truth of it was, that in the one small drag on the cigarette she was transported back in time in her mind, thinking of Akiro, he had grown tobacco, and was the reason she had gained a low level habit. They had sat together for hours talking and smoking, sometimes the only light between them being the glowing embers at the tips of their cigarettes. Back when their lives had been good, when they had been almost happy together, but all things do not last, Soran had found herself pregnant, and soon afterwards she had lost their litter of puppies, Akiro had been furious with her, driven mad by grief, he had tried to strangle her. The dark woman wondered momentarily why all the males that she got involved with turned out that way in the end, Hollow had attacked her, and so had Akiro, she had always had much better luck with relationships with females, and they had always ended in tragedy as well. Thinking of Akiro made the tip of the lady's tail twitch in annoyance, just for a moment. But she calmed herself, remembering that she was in company and couldn't allow her anger to boil over in her again. She took another drag of the cigarette, savouring it, listening to what the her younger doppleganger had to say, her ears twitching as she listened to the other say her name, almost as if she was testing the sound of it, making sure her mouth had not made those sounds before, checking for recognition.

Then she introduced herself, Lucia, it was a nice name, it suited her, she was a pretty fae, despite her sullen disposition. As the fae continued speaking Soran made a small noise of disgust. Inferni, oh yes she knew of them, she was perhaps one of the few wolves that remembered how they had driven her pack out of their homeland, forcing her away from her old home, her bedroom, her library and far more importantly the graves of her loved ones. She had never been able to forgive them for that, truth be told she had never picked a fight with any of them, she simply avoided them and she would of course judge each individual on their own merits, as many wolves were not their packs. But she did not trust them, they had been hungry for land and power and made her and her loved ones effectively homeless in the process, she had had to protect many loved ones from them, she remembered the fighting, the vicious brutal battles, in the end the coyotes had won out. It was still a sore subject for the obsidian loner. No wonder this fae was so miserbale if she had been living with them, she could not imagine that they would treat a wolf particularly well, not if they were willing to attack a neighbouring pack, she could not imagine living on their packlands. The lady shook the annoyance from herself again, listening as Lucia asked her a question. Where did she call home? The truth be told the dark fae did not know, she had been travelling for so long she had quite gotten used to it, although she longed to settle she did not know where, choosing any pack would be like choosing sides in the quarrels between her segregated family. She was considering finding a neutral pack, somewhere nearby to all of her loved ones, until then though she was contented with remaining a loner.
"I apologise for that small outburst of a noise, I am not keen on the Inferni, there was a battle... back in the old lands, they drove my pack from their home, I have never quite forgiven them for it. Although I would not of course blame an individual for anything that happened, it's just... something that has been hard to forget." The lady explained, before pausing, musing over what to say next, wondering what the best way to reply to the question that had been posed to her. She did not know where to say her home was.
"To be honest I have been travelling for a long time as well, I stayed in the old lands for some time, do you remember them or are you too young? They were my home for many years, just a charred shell of their former selves now though, a bit like me I suppose." The ebony fae replied, managing a small bitter laugh as she added the final piece to her sentence, "I suppose this is the closest to home now for me, as I said I have family in the lands, but they are so scattered and divided that by choosing one pack to live in I'm bound to upset at least one of them." The ebony fae replied, looking the younger female over, before taking another drag of her cigarette. It was then a sudden question came to her mind, she decided that it would be best to ask, rather than let the conversation fizzle out into nothingness.
"Where are you living now? Also how did you come to live in Inferni? I have never known them take a non-coyote into their ranks, if that's not too personal a question?" The ebony fae asked, suddenly worried that perhaps she had asked too much, probed too deeply, but there was no way to force the words back into her throat now.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread