I'll stay in the woods [P]
[html]

Sorry for the wait!! Sad Sad Sad

Lucia watched the dark woman. Her eyes traced the smoke from the cigarette, listening to her words. There was sadness in her eyes, and a mixture of emotions in her voice. It wasn’t until she made a slight distasteful noise that Lucia contemplated her response. Lucia hadn’t ever experienced someone apologising for her misfortunes. It had either never been a topic of discussion, or seen as an achievement… something that she should have felt proud for surviving apparently. Lucia couldn’t see it herself. Giving a weak smile, the best she could really manage considering the topic in question, Lucia spoke. Her voice was quiet, undecided. It was hard to fathom that someone felt bad for her. Lucia had always felt alone. “Thank you Soran. I am glad we share a dislike for their kind. I hope one day some kind of justice would be served, but I have no idea what that justice would be… nor if it would ever truly really help me.” She sighed. “It’s a cruel world.”

There was a pause, enough time for Lucia’s companion to continue their conversation. Topics had turned to her family, and questions had been answered. Lucia took in the answers she received, and couldn’t help but feel slight sorrow for the older woman. It appeared she too had been through a lot. Lucia couldn’t help but wonder if there was anything she could do. “Is there anything I could do?” She asked, finally speaking her thoughts aloud. “Maybe I could help you find out what has happened, why there is a disturbance in your family? That is,” she paused, dropping her gaze slightly, “if you need the help.”

It wasn’t long for Snake to creep back into the cracks of conversation. It wasn’t perhaps directly, but any mention of Inferni brought his face to mind. She hated it. Association was a pain. “I was there for a while.” She paused, trying to remember an exact time frame, “It was definitely over half a year. I forget the rest.” She paused, watching as Soran offered her the flask. Taking it gratefully, Lucia had a small sip. The liquid trickled down her throat, nestled into her warmly. It always gave her a slight boost whenever alcohol was involved, but she didn’t want to be rude. Holding it out to return it, a smile came to her lips. “Thank you for that, it was most rewarding. Alcohol is a small blessing to say the least.” She paused, savouring the lingering taste on her tongue. “As for why I chose to live here… It’s got all the resources I need and a lot of the annoying types stay away. I get the privacy I desire. It’s a win-win situation.” She smiled once more. “What about you?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread