I feel the air rush out from the center
[html]
pray to your god, open your heart
+3

Still seated, he watched her with caution. Like all the devout, Larkspur knew that those who were able to speak to gods, and those who knew magic, were to be feared. Khalif had taught him that. He would show just how terrible his faith was in the weeks to come, but for now, all he spoke of was speculation, theory. Tlanti echoed his own fears and he knew in his heart that something terrible would come to pass. He had known all along, he supposed.

Her hand rose and he stiffened, fearing what might happen if she touched the can tah. It was lucky she was a mystic woman; she knew better. His pupils widened as if to suck in her image entirely. Larkspur knew he could never capture her eyes as he did with lesser beasts, but his eyes had been performing the trick for so long they did so regardless. The snarling façade fell to one of fanatical devotion, eyes wide and face blissfully blank. “The place I come from, Khalif, it knows three gods. One is the day, the other the morning and evening, and the third, he is night. That one is mine; Tak. He controls the timoh sen cah, the low animals.” Larkspur fell silent, one large hand rising to touch the stone thing around his neck. “I warned her and I did what needed done, but she has never seen him. She doesn’t know what he can do.” Terrible fear lingered in his voice. The dark wolf had seen the ini and he had seen the eye of Tak long before he had known it. Damned as he was, there was still power in the unformed. Learning to embrace it was something that Larkspur had long denied until he had seen Ankh’s forgiveness in Wretch’s birth.

<style type="text/css">
.larktext .lyrics {font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; font-family: 'Special Elite', arial, serif; letter-spacing:-1px; word-spacing:4px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center;}
.larktext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.larktext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.larktext {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.larktext .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread