stranded here on planet earth
[html]

WC: 323

put my heart back in my hand and wipe it clean

Tayui nodded slowly in response as she spoke. She was genuinely surprised to hear that he too spoke the lower languages. He didn’t really strike Tayui as someone who might know that sort of thing; however, she also didn’t know if there was a “type” of canine that would be knowledgeable of lowspeech. While Tayui was not as proficient at it as she once was, she hoped she could at least communicate enough with a smaller mammal to explain her situation. All she had to do was explain her needs and then identify the canine, which would be Janos. But if they both spoke to a bird at the same time, perhaps it would remember them and understand its task. The question now was figuring out how to convince a wild bird to do their bidding. She knew humans had trained their animals to do such things, but she didn't know how.

Tayui wasn’t too sure what he was thinking when he spoke, but he seemed calm enough. She took this as a sign of at least a willingness to work with her. While she had a better poker face now than she had in the days of her youth, she still had a sense of brazen entitlement which meant she often wanted to show others what she was feeling, sometimes because she felt they ought to know, and other times because she didn’t care. This wolf clearly had a stronger reign on his emotions, for she felt like she was hitting a blank wall every time she looked at him.

We would need to find a creature to facilitate this, she replied evenly. I don’t know any, but I know humans used pigeons for their messages, and pigeons often lived in human cities. Maybe we could find one there and offer it a reason to work with us, she explained. I doubt they’ll do it for free. If we can find something they want, it could work.

[/doHTMl]

Messages In This Thread