conquered country, crown, and throne.
[html]<style>.infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }</style>

(334)

The half-breed had presumed the crows to be feasting on the seeds and leavings of the numerous sunflowers. Though the tall plants obscured the ground from view, Eris could see over them, tall on Trader's back. The yellow flowers did not have a particularly heavy scent, and now that she was close, her coal nose twitched at the new scent, that stink of rotting death. She lifted her head, seeking the source of it in vain. What she did see, however, was the form of another canine moving toward her, shadow-black like herself.

At first, she thought he was bleeding, and she went rigid on the horse's back, causing him to stiffen and snort, stamping one leg against the ground. The sable woman clutched at the brownish mane of the creature, stroking the side of its neck. It was a calm creature, but sensitive to its master's emotions as simpler creatures were so often. The hybrid woman slid her palm up and down the thickly muscled neck of the animal, rumbling pleasurably at it as she might a small child. The animal relaxed slowly, and Eris held her ground as the stranger approached, turning the horse to face Salsola in case she did need to leave.

The red she'd mistaken for wounds was dyed rather than bloodied, she saw as he moved closer. To make up for fresh wounds, there was no lack of old scars lacing the wolf's body, and the chartreuse-eyed woman regarded him and his weapon coldly, tilting her head toward his speech. His words were kind, but so often kindness could lead to deceit. The woman smiled, the tips of her ivory teeth showing bright against the sable of her fur. What assistance do you offer? I don't believe I need any, but I may very well be lacking for it, and I would not know until you had moved on, the woman said, her tone cautious but not entirely prickly.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia; serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text b:before {