conquered country, crown, and throne.
[html]<style>.infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }</style>

(315) PSH! No, I think it's more interesting that way. ;D Eris would basically non-react to a dead body anyway, besides maybe morbidly being curious as to who it was (if she knew them) and how they died, so it can stay in if want to use as a plot device. ^^ If not, PM and I will edit out of the last bit of my post. Wink

The birds were agitated, but such wretched black creatures were always agitated. The sable hybrid had never been too big a fan of crows -- a scavenger for a long, lean part of her life, she had been forced to feast upon the leftover prey that the birds had been after already. Now, their distant caws irritated her as the dark stranger approached, and she gauged his response as perfectly polite. Despite his scars, he might be speaking truly.

Thank you. Eris Eternity, she introduced herself, deciding her response needed nothing more than a warm smile, too. The submission seemed genuine enough, and the dark man introduced himself, bearing a name of the living and a rather unknown name that made the hybrid tilt forward in interest. Trader shifted beneath her, grunting his annoyance, and the coyote patted his neck again, deciding she might keep stroking his mane. The horse seemed to like it well enough, and the woman returned her yellow-green gaze to the stranger.

Perhaps not member -- I sought a home there and they said I needed to prove my worth. So, here I am, the woman said, her mind working quickly to spin the tale. She frowned, touching her belly and rolling her shoulders. Everyone needs to earn their keep, I guess. I thought I might find something by simply exploring, and the ... oddness of this place caught my attention, the woman said, now shifting as she looked at him. From afar I thought you were the dead risen, Eris admitted. This was not at all a lie. The smell of the place, the crows -- the red on him had appeared to be blood, blood from a would too severe to survive. But you're alive, no doubt. Though you do have a strange pack name -- Ichika Ho-en, you said? the woman asked, now tilting her head and appearing mildly interested.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia; serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text b:before {