conquered country, crown, and throne.
[html]

It’s good! =)

She was a coyote. Jaden only noticed this as he grew closer to the sunflowers. He could see the subtle features now in her dark complexion that, for the somewhat racist Alaskan, showed only weakness. It had been his job to exterminate weak bloods and weak blooded mixes like her only months ago. After killing many, usually for nothing more than being coyote, the man had grown to see them as weak sniveling cowards. Even after leaving Uva Atka, Alaska, and his life as an assassin, he hadn’t seen anything to prove that there were respectable coyotes in the world. Of course his only true meeting with a coyote had been with Slade. The Alaskan struggled to keep his polite smile as the name crossed his mind. The little coward was a prime example of a weak, pathetic coyote.

But, Jaden would continue being polite to this “Eris” character. Ichika no Ho-en demanded it and she was pregnant. The Shishen worried for her atop her horse as it showed some annoyance. He’d seen what a horse could do if it bucked off its rider. That happening to Eris might prove fatal for her young. Jaden was careful not to make any sudden movements. He didn’t want to be the cause of that, even in they were weak blooded spawn.

Eris answered Jaden’s question and explained why she was out and what she had been doing. The blue eyed brute didn’t even think about it twice and believed her completely. When she also explained how she had mistaken him for dead, he was caught off guard again. It seemed an odd observation for her to make. No one had ever described his coloring as such. The more Jaden thought about it, the more he realized what a true observation it was. The fact that Eris hadn’t eagerly rushed to help a mortally injured wolf also said something about the woman’s character.

The Ichikan failed to catch that and waited pleasantly for her question before answering, “Yes, Ichika no Ho-en is a slightly odd pack name I suppose. I’m not surprised that you haven’t heard of us yet though. We formed less than a month ago when Phoenix Valley and Dahlia de Mai came together. We have laid claimed some of the land to the North of the Halcyon Mountains. Salsola and Ichika are now neighbors of sorts I think.” Jaden smiled at her kindly. “I have been tracking game through this area because I am planning a pack hunt for Ichika and all her new members. It’s one of my responsibilities.” Looking at Eris, he recalled how vague she had been in her description of her life in Salsola, “You said you aren’t a member of Salsola exactly, Eris? What characteristics made you seek them as a home? Ichika is quite welcoming of strangers and I doubt they would ask an expecting mother to prove her worth…”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread