[M] Body Maintenance
[html]

It's a long one! Haha... Got a bit lost in this, don't you think? Smile

Time stopped. Or at least it felt that way. He towered over the kneeling female for what felt like a millennium, but just as Lucia thought he might walk away, he did the complete opposite. Now beside her, his fingers almost entwined with hers, Lucia stared at him silently. Part of her dreaded what he would say, but something inside of her, a piece of her she hadn’t felt in a long time, told her it would be alright.

His words seemed like a whisper against the pounding of her heart, but she heard them all the same. He almost seemed to be begging with her, pleading with her to say that they would see each other again. It stung her heart like a thousand wasps, eyes fighting to hold back tears. He seemed so genuine, so caring… but she had thought that once before. The dark female was confused, uncertain of anything. The one thing she had been sure of was now a shadowing memory, a small whisper in the howling winds of her mind. Hatred for everything and everyone… but as much as her mind tried, shoved against the feelings of her heart, taunted her with flashbacks of Snake, she found it impossible to hate this dark male who pleaded with her now.

About to speak, her words failed to appear as her companion rose to a stand. Following his movements with sullen eyes, Lucia remained silent. She couldn’t find the words to say, couldn’t wrap her mind around what was happening. It almost felt like some sort of twisted dream, as though Zalen would spontaneously combust and Snake would take his place. Part of her prayed for this, longed for an escape from the unusual situation that she found herself in, but in some remote corner of her fractured heart, she wished for nothing but reality to stay just like this. She didn’t want to fight with herself nor have to convince herself that she hated this male. She didn’t want to be confused anymore.

Torn from thought, his words floated gracefully through her skull again. It calmed the hurricane that twisted the corridors and ripped the locked doors from their hinges. He seemed to bring a deranged sense of peace to the ebony female. There was determination in his voice, a strong sliver of promise wrapped within his words. It was then that Lucia knew she would not be able to escape this warped reality as easily as she had thought. There had been a new development, a new bullet point on the list of things that made this entire thing the most bizarre encounter Lucia had ever had. He appeared obsessed… and yet, in all honesty, so was the obsidian frailty that knelt before him. Deep inside her heart, amongst the twisted wreckage and smouldering flames, she knew he could be the water to douse the flames. He could be the one to pull her out of the fire and into his arms. But the question still remained. Would she allow that? Could she allow that? It wasn’t a matter of wanting anymore; it was simply a matter of whether the last remaining speckles of sanity could handle even more heartbreak.

Staring at his hand, she sighed heavily. Her chest rose and fell gracefully, despite all the chaos that seemed to be unfolding inside and outside of the woman who knelt before her saviour. Bringing a shaky hand towards him, she took his hand slowly. As their fingers connected again, she could almost feel the strange connection between them unfold into the atmosphere. Her flesh burned, and yet a cold breeze seemed to whip around her. Was this a sign or was she reading too much into everything? She didn’t know, and right now, she didn’t care. All she cared about was those apple coals that stared at her, and she stared right back.

Giving the faintest smile, barely visible upon her ebony lips, Lucia stood. Her fingers still tangled in his. A few more silent moments passed, the wind dying down and no longer toying with the instability of the ebony female. Finally, her lips parted, her eyes never moving from her male companion.

“I understand what you are saying Zalen, I really do. If I’m honest with you, it is very flattering. I haven’t heard someone say such things in a long time… if ever.”
She paused, trying to read his face for a reaction, but she came to a blank. She continued to speak, her eyes glued to his. “I do not care that you claim to have nothing. Have you looked around you lately? This is my home. I have less than you I think you’ll find. But despite that, I respect your decisions and I admire your determination… If I do not seek you out, it will not be a decision of my own making. I too wish to see you again. You bring a light into my heart. And for that I thank you… Saviour of my sanity…

Her voice was soft, gentle. The end was barely a whisper. She had no more energy to fight him anymore, and it seemed very clear that fighting would do nothing more than encourage him to try harder. It was all very surreal, and in some strangely beautiful way, inspiring. She was going to turn her life around. The past that haunted her… it would become no more.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread