I Can Hear the Toll...
[html]
Oh gosh, this is probably only the second time Ralla's been angry XD By the way, cuz I don't know if I made it clear in my post or not (I'm especially derpy right now >_>) Ralla's last sentence is referring to both Chitsa's speech and her turning away from Ralla.

"While I apologize for her forthright attitude--you're right, she does have a habit of asking too much--I must contest with what you call the 'AniWayan' way." Ralla's voice was becoming hard, as it was before, when she had had to handle Shiloh's situation and when she had had to confront the King of Cour des Miracles about it. "Although she is still a child and learning, I'd like to encourage her inquisitive attitude. I never want her to be afraid to ask a question. While decorum is to be taught, would you have her silence herself?" Ralla could appreciate the quiet mouths and listening ears of others quite well, but she could appreciate those who thirsted to learn even more because of their desire to learn rather than complacent acceptance. The white mother took a particular jab from the 'true AniWayan' bit, as she had before, but remained firm, her long white tail beginning to rise when Chitsa turned herself away--during their conversation!--the continue her work. While this would've been appreciated in any other, more civil, situation, this was quite obviously a confrontation, and Ralla had just been properly snubbed.

"And you're right; I am the Etikaiele Gata. So I would ask you, Chitsa, that if you are a true AniWayan yourself that you would practice the respect that you would preach." Such a statement was a direct challenge--one that Ralla had never issued before in terms of rank--but she had paid her dues in many more ways than one to earn her respect. Ralla had properly studied the lore and customs with Chief Dawali--she knew many things and saw their faults, even if she must obey them--and she knew the laws that were also her responsibility to uphold as a Councilman. But most of all she knew the Great Fire and how it touched her and the tribe. She knew it perhaps more intimately than most because she had had to rekindle it after the snowstorm, and had felt the great pull of the spirits in its embers. And so to hear Chitsa's words--words that implied she was not yet a true AniWayan at all--after so much dedication and work, Ralla felt the keen sting of insult.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.firestarter .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:right; padding:0px 20px 20px 0px;color:#7a582a; }
.firestarter p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent: 20px;}
.firestarter b {font-family: verdana, tahoma, serif; color:#7a582a; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#6d152d 0px 0px 3px;}
.firestarter {background-color:#000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/86Qj2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7a9ab1; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#44331c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; border: 1px solid #6f4632; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.firestarter-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000; margin: auto;border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread