hoofbeats on my mind
[html]

you should add Adela up to the member listings, so InH has a more accurate account of the animals in the barn <3 Also, Arete is a foal <33

The large horse was pleased to be moving, even if it was round in circles. The agouti male started him with a slow walk, gradually increasing the pace until the male held a rocking horse motion of a controlled canter around the circle they'd gradually worn into this section of the paddock. He threw his head a few times, the occasional click from Saul a comforting noise to him it seemed. Saul was lucky that he'd found a horse already broken- he'd guessed that the horse had been lost in the snow storm and had not yet forgotten his early training. He was yet to ride him properly though and the aim of this exercise was to gauge his endurance and burn up some energy. Work around Ichika meant that Saul didnt have as much time as he would have liked with Hermes, and especially Arete. She was only six months old or so and would soon need to be introduced to the saddle. But for now, she was happy to follow him around. Saul wasn't at first aware of the activity going on behind him, but the voice of another caused him to glanced around.

A black and white female stood at the fence before swinging herself up to sit on it. She gave him some advice and Saul looked back at Hermes. The lunge rope was just a little bit too taut and Saul nodded softly, feeding a few inches out. Hermes stayed to the circle he'd created, but his speed increased just a few notches. Smiling softly, he turned back and nodded his head again. "Thanks- this is my first time doing this and I'm only going off of the books I've read." He admitted with a slightly sheepish grin. Still, it was rude to continue and not make at least a small amount of conversation. "I'm Saul Stormbringer." He said, shifting back from his position in the center of the worn circluar grass. Hermes slowed and Saul allowed him to trot around the circle for a lap before he slowed him further to a walk. He glanced back before gusturing towards the horse. "And this is Hermes. Its a pleasure to meet you." He offered before looping the rope around his arm to gather the excess back in. It was a complicated process of walk to trot to canter, and occasionally pushing the horse into a gallop and back down again. But it was good to be working with him and the male felt a grin play across his face.

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread