hoofbeats on my mind
[html]

I cannot believe I missed this one! It slipped through the net! <33

Adonia gave her answer straight away and Saul grinned in return. It was good to see them settling in here- he knew Nayru was worried a lot about the assimilation of Phoenix Valley and Dahlia de Mai and he also knew there were a few on both sides who were not happy about the merge. Saul was getting used to it now, seeing the opportunity here the likes of which he never had done in Dahlia. While he had thought Nayru a little foolish for saying that Dahlia's resources were diminished, there was nothing more to develop in Dahlia, he hadnt realised just how right she'd been until he'd actually gotten to Ichika and seen how much needed to be done. He relished the work and had his sights firmly set on the barn as his next project. He chuckled softly when Adonia mentioned the bull. He was a tricky one, and had been on the way up here.

"I can see why you'd be wary of him!"

He commented, not wanting to distract her further. Adonia made another compliment about Arete and Saul chuckled softly. She was a good foal most of the time, she just got a little excitable and happy some times. He was going to have to start breaking her in soon, getting her used to a saddle and a bridle and weight on her. Of course, she was still far too small for Saul to ride her. He though about Eclipse, her slight weight maybe would be easier to break the foal with. She was nearly nine months old by now and Saul knew it was time to start training her. Saul warmed softly as Adonia called kind and with a shrug he brushed off the compliment. "Awh, I couldnt leave her there to die... She hasnt recovered properly yet and I'm trying to feed her as much as I can to bulk her up a bit." He offered with a self conscious stroke to the back of his neck.

Although it was clear she thought it strange, she agreed to come on a ride with him. He shifted on top of Hermes, rearranging himself into a more comfortable position on the barebacked horse. It didnt take long for Adonia to come out on a black and white mare, older than Hermes but still rather young. He smiled softly as Adonia joined him and Saul let Hermes out of the paddock they'd been training in. Walking side by side towards the Valley, Saul felt a peaceful blanket wash over him. "I'm thinking about starting a breeding programme in Ichika. We have so few animals and its the same in all the other packs that it would be easier for us to produce offspring from the animals we have here. Like the cows" He chuckled, now privy to Adonia's dislike of the bull.

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread