hoofbeats on my mind
[html]

nomnomnom

For a moment the female beside him looked happy to have more knowledge than Saul himself had. It was a familiar feeling, especially when Saul was able to fix someone up or heal them when they were injured. The superior knowledge was infectious and in this case, Saul was glad she had come to know horses so well that she knew how to help Arete. Left to Saul, he would have had no idea how to make the filly gain weight as Adonia did. Smiling softly as she spoke about a plan she had, Saul nodded at appropriate moments. He was glad he'd come to the ranch today to train Hermes- Adonia was a pleasent face to talk to and she had an intelligence that made for an engaging conversation. She looked a little sheepish, amending herself as if she'd said something wrong. Confused for a moment, he replayed her words in his mind, trying to find anywhere that might have seemed rude. He couldnt find any.

"Hermes was alright when I found him- I think he might have been lost in the snowstorm but he was already broken when I found him. Arete on the other hand was born wild, so I'll have to work a lot with her. I appreciate your help Adonia- I would be seriously lost if I'd been trying to get Arete's weight up on my own... Thank you."

He said warmly as they continued. Adonia thought for a moment in silence before voicing her opinion on perhaps capturing some wild cows. Saul had no idea where they would be able to find them, but it made sense that on horseback they would be easier to capture. Although they could probably act in the same way sheepdogs did in an earlier time, using the horses would help in rounding them up. "It would take a while for the cows to become domisticated enough to milk and interact with, but its possible. I'll talk to Nayru if you'd like about getting a couple of us to go up into New Brunswick and see if we can spot a herd or two." He said, knowing Nayru would be more than pleased to increase their livestock whatever way possible. Of course, he knew his sister in law would prefer that they trade, but he had no idea about who had any cows, let alone what they could trade for said cows.

Saul noticed Adonia's surruptitious glance down at her own horse as Saul mentioned breeding horses. He couldnt quite make out her expression and didnt know what she thought about using her own horse. Of course, it was completely up to the owners of the mares if they wanted them to breed- unless the horses took it into their own hands whilst out grazing one day. Still, her light chuckle was taken as positive as she looked towards Hermes. "I'm sure I'll find one out there soon enough. Although when we do start breeding the horses we'll have to keep a detailed log of foals and their parents to avoid inbreeding down the line." He said, thinking of how disasterous it would be if Hermes bred with every mare here- they'd all be related. Luckily for him, there were other stallions in Ichika that would diversify the bloodlines somewhat.

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread