nothing ever happens by itself
Claudius heard someone approaching, but was too tired to react immediately or quickly. When the wolf knelt down beside him, he pulled his forearm off his eyes, opened his eyes, and then looked up. He frowned, trying to determine whether this was Liliana. She was tall, dark-furred, and in Optime, but she didn’t smell like Liliana. Once she spoke, Claudius realized this was indeed someone else. An AniWayan, for sure, but not Liliana. Wasn’t he at her hut? He pushed himself up onto his elbows and looked around, trying to figure out where he was. He was in the village, but this was definitely not Liliana’s home.

The wolf spoke again and he returned his attention to her. She looked a little worried and spoke quickly. Claudius shook his head in reply, but then felt a little dizzy.

“U-uh,” he stuttered, and then looked away. He was embarrassed; he didn’t want her to know how poorly he stuttered. “I-I’m s-sorry… I… I l-lying here, I… was g-g-g-going to f-find Li-li-li-a-a-a-ana, b-but I w-went to the wr-ong hu-ut. I w-was just v-very t-tired fro-o-om ru-u-ning,” he explained. “I-I’m s-sorry f-for b-bothering you,” he added, wide-eyed.

Messages In This Thread