nothing ever happens by itself
Whoops! I forgot to respond to your question earlier. Yes to tea! Smile (WC: 348, idiom of the week = "doubting Thomas")

[html]
[/html]He followed her hand with his eyes as she gestured to a spot on the floor and then patted it with her hands. Still, he hesitated for a moment before he took a few slow steps forward to where Luna was. He slowly sank to a crouch and then leaned back onto his outstretched hands behind him to catch himself. He pulled his knees up, stretched them out in front of himself, and then pulled them in to a cross-legged sitting position. He tried to keep his gaze on Luna, since he relied so very much on body language to understand others. She didn’t seem to be upset at the intrusion, and in fact, seemed more curious than anything. Claudius never would have thought himself to be a very interesting fellow, but it seemed as though something he had said had caught her attention. In this regard, he was very much a doubting Thomas since he wouldn’t really believe that he was interesting until he was given very solid evidence of the fact.

When she piped up again, Claudius realized that perhaps he could be useful, even if he wasn’t interesting. He did indeed know what had happened, but was somewhat distracted by the mention of her absence. Why had she been gone for a few days? That seemed like an awfully long time to be away from one’s home and Claudius didn’t think he could do it.

“W-we-ell,” he began slowly and he tried to collect his thoughts, “s-s-s-o-ome… one f-r-rom the o-ri-riginal t-tribe came he-e-e-re. Ma-a-a-aska A-a-a-hote. Mas…ka… Ahote. H-he said th-that Dawali d-didn’t ha-ave the right to ru-ule here and that Da-wa-ali was lying to u-us.” He frowned, trying to figure out how to explain this better. “It seems as though there is… some sort of… me-eaning to the title Ka-ha-ha-lon…a and that Dawali can’t be the K-a-alona be-e-cause there is a-a-nother Kalona… in the original tri-ibe. I don’t really understand why it ma-a-a-tter-s-s-s, but it seems impor-or-tant to Ah-o-ote. He’s very angry with how AniWaya is being r-run. There... aren't e-e-enough warriors, they s-s-aid.”[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread