nothing ever happens by itself
[html]

Claudius widened his eyes slightly when she responded so enthusiastically. He hadn't expected her to receive his suggestion so eagerly; at most, he would have except a quiet nod or agreement, but not this rambunctious reply! Although it surprised him at first, he found himself smiling -- a small, quiet smile mostly to himself -- in response. He ducked his head out of embarrassment, staring at his knees, but quickly glanced up to see her smiling at him. She offered him his bowl of tea and he took it with an appreciative nod.

He glanced up quickly when she advised he wait, warning him of impending burns. He nodded quickly and then set the bowl down again. The sides were very hot and made his hands hurt from touching it. As he hastened to set it down, he spilled a bit on his foot. He winced and then brushed it off with his hand. There, all better.

He watched as she tried to cool it off and then took a hesitant sip. He grinned when she praised his idea and found himself sitting up a bit straighter. How exciting! Her cheerful attitude was infectious, and soon he found himself grinning along with her.

"I-I'm gla-a-d you like... it," he replied shyly. He glanced down to his bowl, wondering if it would be cool enough. He raised it to chest level and leaned down to lap it up in a decidedly canine fashion. He'd never drank anything the way she did, so he drank it as he might water from a stream. Once he'd taken a few sips, he nodded and set the bowl on his lap. "It's very... good. Thank you. I... I've ne-e-ever had... tea... before... so... this i-is new to-o m-me... May-ay-ay-be I ca-an... do some-th-thing fo-or you in retu-u-rn," he added.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread