lights will guide you home
[html]
ooc;; 12th july . 6am . Cerne Rise Apartments . Optime Form.
its up to you who you post with, although i liked the idea of only occasionally posting with wretch. based on the times in your previous thread (mel mentioned it was about 5am) i figured an hour or so later would be fine <33 Also, the main bulk of this thread is set in the common room of Cerne Rise

The previous day had been spent fixing the door in Cerne Rise. Saul had met Temo, the packs Bensen and carpenter, and the two had spent a good portion of the day sorting out the rotten and broken doors of the apartment complex. Saul was proud to say that the house now had two new double doors, complete with a locking system that he doubted would ever gets used but was workable. They'd finished around four in the afternoon, after they'd wrenched the old doors off, measured the doorway and spent the next few hours looking for a suitable replacement. The last hour or so was spent attaching the doors and cutting them down to size, which Saul had been pleased about. He'd informed Gideon of the change in their situation and he'd seemed pleased. He'd spoken to Gideon for only a few minutes before he'd been off again. The evening was spent with the horses and then finally the male had returned late in the evening and spent a nice few hours with Siku, talking about rubbish as they sat in their filthy apartment. While Saul had been doing a lot with the communal areas of the building, he had yet to start properly on the inside of his own den. Siku was here from time to time and had started, but there was still a lot of work to be done.

He rose early this morning, stretching and feeling the familiar shape of Siku curled against him. Even in their move to a completely new lands, and despite the fact that there was a perfectly functioning room next door to his, he still woke with the arctic lady against him. This new house had a bed already in it, a large and comfy king sized bed that Saul had claimed for his own. It needed a bit of work, some of the wood replacing and general maintanence. But the whole house needed that. Siku didnt stir as he moved and exited the building. The apartment was very close to one of the smaller tributaries of the east river and the male headed there to bathe and refresh himself. After relieving himself and hopping in the river, the male spent the next ten minutes vigorously cleaning the previously days dirt off of his skin. It felt good and immediately he felt lighter and more bouyant. It was still very early, he guessed at about six in the morning. Today would be spent as it always was- fixing something in Cerne Rise, tending the horses and anything else that needed to be done. He was so busy recently he didnt know what to do with spare time.

He figured he might as well patrol the borders. It had been a constant source of passtime for him in Dahlia, plus it would give him a good morning run. However, as soon as he stepped onto the border, tension in the air caused him to tease up. He had no idea what was happening, but there was something disturbing the atmosphere. Like a creeping tingle up his spine, the further he ran the more it distrubed him. With a growl he moved away from the borders, out into more neutral land. It was going to seriously bug him until he found out what it was. He walked for perhaps half an hour before something stopped him. A form on the ground made him stop, green eyes taking in the off-white of the fur. Wretch was at home... wasnt she? He lunged forward, coming to a stop just as he completely recognised his adopted daughter. Fear and anger welled in his guts- the first obviously injury he could see was a broken leg. And it was the same one that had been broken before.

"Shit... shitshitshit. Wretch, Wretch can you hear me? Can you hear me baby? I'm going to lift you up now, and I'm going to take you home. But its going to hurt baby, its going to hurt your leg. And I'm sorry, but it has to hurt for a bit. But i'll make it better again, I promise."

The male had sworn, very uncharacteristically. But panic was overtaking his brain and he rambled on to his daughter. It might have been easier if she'd shifted, she was much smaller in her lupus form. But it was very unwise for them to shift with broken bones. He slid his stronger arms underneath her, around her shoulders. The other arm gingerly hooked behind her knees, trying desperately not to bend or break her leg further. She stirred, a whining yelp escaping her as the pain was too much. He cradled her gently, trying his hardest not to jostle her as he moved back towards Ichika. The time slipped by and he was numb by the time Cerne Rise's new doors came into sight. He kicked them open, wincing as the sound resonanted through the lobby and into the common room over by the stairs. He wasnt going to get her upstairs anyway, so the common room it was. He glanced to the right, the stark '1' standing out on Gideon's door. Using his foot, he banged twice. "GIDEON! GIDEON? I need you!" He called, sure to attract Nayru's attention as well. She should probably know of this.

Knowing his brother was going to come, Saul went towards the common room. Range had been working in here to get it more comfortable. Thinking only of getting his daughter on the table that had probably been a dining table at some point in its life, he moved in the semi-darkness of dawn. Wretch groaned as he lay her gently down on the table, pain creasing her face. With his heart hammering, he tried his best to see the damage in the half light. He needed his brother, but more than that- there was a roiling anger in his gut that made the peaceful male want to lash out and hurt someone, to hurt whomever had done this to his daughter.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread