in liberating strife
[html]
Claudius perked up a bit when the other wolf mentioned that she had been a member of Dahlia. He pricked his ears forward and raised his head slightly to see the stranger better. He loosened his arms and leaned forward, wondering why she had slunk back a bit when he’d mentioned the pack. But why? It must be bad news: if Claudius could not find an entire pack, that must mean it was no longer a pack. He leaned back on his bum, rested his elbows on his knees, held his hands palm to palm with his fingers threaded together. He rocked back a bit and forth as the other wolf explained what had happened and tried to decide if this made him more anxious or less.

“O-oh,” he stuttered in reply. He wanted to ask her where they had went, but if she hadn’t mentioned it in the first place, he wasn’t sure if he should even bother. Instead, he decided to introduce himself in return and maybe try to do the polite thing and thank her for her help. He watched as she backed away and then sat down and wondered if she had anything more to add.

“I-I’m Cuh-cuh-c-cuhlaudius,” he replied. “I-I’m,” he began, but paused. Did he want her to know he was Conor’s half-brother? “I wa-a-nted to f-find D-a-a-ahlia, b-but… d-do you know… a-anything more… about… it?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread