in liberating strife
WC: 302.
[html]
[/html]There was a new pack. Just when Claudius thought it might be the time to finally join Dahlia and be with his half-brother, Dahlia ceased to exist. And Claudius had barely known Conor, too, which was why he had always wanted so badly to get to know him, either as a sibling or as a leader. Either would have suited Claudius fine, but if Dahlia was gone, where had Conor gone, too? He didn’t understand what the strange name meant, as it carried no meaning, but he realized that Dahlia too – as a name – meant little to him. The thoughts of Dahlia were what was important. And the new pack didn’t have Conor as a leader, either. So where had he gone?

Claudius was about to ask and he opened his mouth, but it seemed as though the wolf had more to say.

Conor was dead.

Conor was dead and Claudius had come here to confess his woes. To confess that he knew of Noir’s death, of Haku’s role, and his other siblings’ disappearance. But the dead couldn’t hear so he would just have to whisper to Conor’s ghost.

Conor was still dead.

Claudius realized he had stopped his rocking and now, he was frozen: rock still. He let out a loud gasp when he realized he had stopped breathing, too, and inhaled loudly. He coughed when he swallowed a large gulp of air, and quickly the gulp turned into a sob.

“He-e-e-e wa-as my… half-brother… I just… nee-ee-ee… ee…ded… to… t-a-alk to… him, but… now… I can’t!” Of course that was obvious, but he still had to say it.

Strange, how the one time he felt the saddest he couldn’t even cry. He wiped off the old tears from his fur and looked over at the wolf.

“Why…? Wh… h…” Why? [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread