in liberating strife
No worries. Smile Wanna close this up soon? ^^

[html]
[/html]Claudius swallowed another sob and nodded solemnly in response when the other wolf spoke. He tried to appreciate how she was trying to make him feel better by relating her own experience with Conor to him. But, oh! That only made him jealous knowing that she had known him far better than he might ever have. He knew Conor was his brother, but aside from that, he knew next to nothing to the wolf. Claudius felt so useless. He didn’t even know know his own family.

He tried to wrap himself in this bitterness, but the wolf continued talking. Conor didn’t deserve it, she said; so wasn’t that the worst scenario? If he had deserved to die, maybe then it would have been easier to accept. So why did the good ones die while the monsters lived on? What of their father? He had not died soon enough and Claudius wondered if there had been others Haku had hurt.

He knew that she was trying to help -- and he was proud he could identify this -- but it still hurt so much. He nodded again through his tears, just wishing he could do something else. He had to leave.

“I...” he began, but stopped. Another sob, and: “I t-thi-i-ink... I sh-ou-ou...ld... go... home... th-a-a-a-ank... y-y-you for... te-e-e-elling... me...” Shakily, he put his hands on his knees to push himself to his feet. He needed to leave here because soon, all he would have was this one terrible memory.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread