i dig my hole, you build a wall.
[html]

pffff, it's fine. I should really proofread my crap before posting though. x_x

Too much time had passed, and none at all had. She was still a child, but oh, how she had grown. Kharma was a time traveler, but he didn't know when he was anymore. The machine was broken. They were trapped in a strange place, a strange time. He wanted to fix everything with simple words, with reassuring touches, and perhaps a story about irrelevant characters -- they would draw the shutters to the windows and the storm would pass. "I'm okay, the father echoed. "Hemlock bucked me off a good distance from where we'd been originally before falling to his death in a ravine. I broke my leg and had to stay put a while. I think when I was well enough to look for you, both of you had already moved on."

The scenes played in his head as he recounted them. He felt like it had happened to someone else. He could hardly remember anymore. All he had were endless days of searching, of worrying, of hoping. The traveler back leaned against a rock to properly inspect his daughter; she seemed well off enough, uninjured, unharmed. He could feel weight lifting off his shoulders as he confirmed it. "I'm so glad you're all right..." he whispered. "I'm sure your sister is as well. You're both strong girls." They'd find each other again; he would believe in that. He had to.

Red eyes swept to the valley for a moment, looking over the distant forests and towards the sea, then he turned back towards Myrika. "Your mother isn't here," he announced quietly. "She hasn't been here in a long time. I don't know where else she would be... so... from here, I'll be going back to Thornloe." In his heart, he already knew that he would be going back alone. It had been too clear from the beginning that his daughters had had little interest in finding their wandering mother -- they had had their eyes set on adventure and new things, new places. They had spent their lives at home and were ready to see the world. Certainly, they had had many adventures in the year that had already transpired, but Kharma continued to see their mother in them, even if they weren't really looking for her. "What about you?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread