birds of a feather
[html]

<33

He hadnt at first noticed the look his hawk was giving him. Green eyes swept over to the female once more, seeing her eyeing him sharply with her mouth half open in a silent screech. She was a beautiful creature and a fierce longing for a bird like the one Niro had on his shoulder over took him. The males words distracted him from his desire however and he turned back to Niro was a soft smile. He found he quite liked the male with the birds, he quite enjoyed the males company. He spoke of bribes and Saul began to get an idea of how a pigeon might be trained to carry something from one place to another. Of course, he could also see where a pigeon might get confused. One path was difficult enough to forge, but multiple paths seemed just impossible.

"I'm very interested in learning how to train some birds up myself for Ichika. I believe it would be an invaluable tool, especially for places like AniWaya... I dread to think how long that trip would take!"

He chuckled, watching as Niro shifted the bird from his shoulder down onto his forearm. He couldnt see any leather patch on his shoulder that served as a perch for the bird, but he couldnt see any blood where the bird had pierced his skin either. Niro began to consider Saul's words about raptors being taught to send to more than one location. It could be possible, Niro explained, if one could speak low speech. Of course, that would make life a whole lot easier for them if one of them could speak low speech. Especially that of a bird. Saul considered how one would learn how to speak low speech, but he came up trumps. He rolled his shoulders in a shrug, sourly tempted to reach out and run a finger over the raptors carefully sculpted head. He refrained, not wanting to have his finger bitten.

"I imagine low speech would work. How many packs have you set up with communication in this way?"

He asked, wondering how many packs had ways of getting messages to each other. He imagined once they got a serious system up, there would have to be someone in charge of the messages. Since there would probably be only one bird assigned for each pack, there could be a multitude of letters at one time. Perhaps he would talk to Nayru or Razekiel about setting up a rank for the keeper of the birds, if there ever arose a need for it.

<style>
.saulow2 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saulow2 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saulow2 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saulow2 {background-color:#122467; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... ight-2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2d0ff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread