Meet me halfway
The stranger dismounted from her steed, patted it softly, and then turned once again to Chapel, who feigned confidence under her gaze. After the initial shock, Chapel took the time to actually pay attention to the other coyote's appearance. Chapel could bet that even in her own Optime phase, the stranger would still tower over her. Such was the curse of being the smallest of the litter, she supposed. The coyote had long, brown hair that ran until the middle of her slim back, and brown fur, with a reddish mark on her face that led to her nose. The female appeared to be strong and confident in her gait, even in front of foreigners. Then the interrogation began.

Who might you be, to know of us? Where'd you come from? Of course Chapel had been expecting these questions, and was slightly surprised at the fact that they hadn't escaped from the other stranger's jaws sooner. Who was this wolf in front of her, anyway? Was she just a regular pack member -- or the leader of them all? Questions filled Chapel's brain to the brim, but she held back. For now, however, she would answer to the bare minimum. "I am Chapel." she responded simply, wary of mentioning her surname. "I heard of the pack from afar," was all she answered to the second part of the question. Where did I come from? Chapel asked herself, far from being sure. She travelled so much -- so who was to know exactly? "I travel." she finished. Then the question came that confused Chapel: And what can you do, miss? The tone was as soft and sweet as molasses, and it made Chapel feel sick. Why would anyone talk to her that way? It was disgusting! The female coyote wasn't sure how to respond. "Many things, I'd suppose." she replied.

Messages In This Thread