Meet me halfway
[html]

Word Count :: 327 :: I wanted to get this done quickly, so I hope this is okay with you? Tongue

There were many things that seemed to often pass for "good marks" in the border acceptance interviews. Often, only a few named skills would grant one access to every bit of their land. She was good at hunting, huh? Unfortunately, she would need more than that for the Optio to allow her passage. Eyebrows raised and golden eyes lilted, staring at the woman, expecting more, but there was none. Well, wasn't that great, only nearly every canine in the land was good at hunting. Sage sighed and tried hard not to roll her eyes as she watched the woman's body slump noticeably, as if disappointed in herself. Well, maybe now she'd give a better answer, Sage thought.

Chapel changed her response. This one sounded more convincing, believable. So the russet woman on two legs could follow orders; certainly an admirable trait, she supposed, in any prospective clanswoman. After all, Sage knew the kinds of canines that her family wanted to be surrounded by, and she didn't get along with many of them. "Well, all right," she began brightly, "will you follow me, then?" Sage half-turned to move back towards her steed, inviting the slight woman to cross their unwelcoming border for now. Amber eyes remained locked on the strange woman as she moved, still oddly wary; she did not want to turn her back on this one.

With a few words in Low speech, Lennon was by her side, the large stallion towering over the small Chapel; his head even rose higher than Sage's as she stood on the ground. Though she was always glad for his presence, today Lennon's company was even more valuable to the tanned girl.

"I'll take you to the Aquila," she said quickly, gentle hands stroking her stallion's face. When the odd company was ready, Sage mounted her steed without tack and started him moving in a slow walk. If Chapel would keep up, she would need to move fairly slowly.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread