set fire to the rain
[html]

Word Count → 3+ :: Secui form GO

The fire burning up her spine increased, and she realized, with a flash of terror and surprise, what it was. With another shriek, she tumbled from the back of the mare, aching bones snapping and popping with relentless pain. As the first raindrops fell, the woman writhed against the earth, snarls pulling from her maw as muscles re-aligned and agony burned like flames beneath her twisting skin.

Pushed beyond terror, the exhausted bay mare fled. The creature that now stood beside the river was not her kindly pagan mistress - It was a banshee, bristling fur and burning eyes. The dagger lay forgotten, useless as it glinted in the mud at the bank.

The man came to her, but he was not the betrayer - He was the Raven King, and she knew him well. Alaine's new body rippled with a power she had never before held, lean muscles and plush hackles. Was she beautiful, or terrible? The pain that had been physical was now only mental, but it was no less furious than before.

Her lover lurched up the bank, his dark pelt dripping with crystal, his gold eyes eternal and binding. He was the Destroyer, Lugh, and he sought to take her from the path she had chosen. She snarled at him, resenting his familiarity, enraged that his presence sought to sooth her. "Tagaim le haghaidh an dúnmharfóir," The growl rushed through her, and she was Dea, the vessel, the pagan witch once more. Power rustled dark wings in feverish shamrock eyes. "He has taken what was mine. I will have it back! BADB, YOU HAVE STOLEN FROM ME," The cry was directed past Gabriel, to the line of dark trees beyond the river. A dark rumble of thunder echoed the lash of her pain and fury. "Get out of my way. Tá a shaol mianach." The fury burned in her chest, a pyre in the crumbling shape of her dead son.

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread