These Words Are My Own
[html]
Lucky :<

Noss had to, once again, admit that he liked confused Strel--it was far better than angry or sad Strel, and came with more entertainment value. But his paramour being confused wasn't helping the situation, and made the grey warrior more embarrassed than before, if that was possible. "Come on, Strel," he somewhat begged as the itching on the back of his neck became more fervent, although he had to finally bring his pale yellow eyes to meet the other's lavender. "Don't make me repeat it--I know you heard what I said." At the very least the other man had accepted all the gifts--back home, he was as good as mated. But here, the rules were different.

"Back in my home tribe," he began to explain, "if you accept the Gift of Promise, you're a mated pair. There's a ceremony and all that after, but it's...what was it called...it's like a wedding ring?" Noss had heard of those things briefly on his travel up north but had dismissed it till then. "I'm serious, Strelein von Rosnete," Noss said for maybe the first time using Strel's full name. "I would not have gone through this if I was not--I love you and will hold to all my promises. So...uh...do you accept?" Noss didn't dare touch Strelein for fear of feeling like he was pressuring the other male--that wasn't fair to Strel--but he needed some sort of confirmation. He loved Strel, and didn't know what he would do if he was rejected. He was a simple, straightforward man--lying to himself and others was nigh impossible and his actions were proof of his simplicity--and although by his native laws they were mated, it was really Strel's call. The tension grew with every tick of the pocket-watch's hands.

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread