grown for a minute.
[html]

Ohohoohohoooh 8D

Wraith instantly regretted saying anything at all. Even though her daddy always said to pay the ultimate respect to warriors like him, she clearly had done something wrong to anger the mean lady. She was almost as frowny and grumpy as her daddy was, maybe just as much, but in a different way. Wraith wanted to reply with a polite, ‘no ma’am,’ but realized this might be one of those questions you don’t answer. Hybrid asked a lot of those, asking her why she was still alive and why she didn’t just throw herself into a river. Wraith usually did not answer these because she knew he would get angry if she said anything.

When the lady mentioned wolves, Wraith realized she knew the same things as daddy did. He always said that wolves were stupid, thoughtless creatures that couldn’t understand the difference between a clan’s borders and a regular tree, which Wraith thought must make them really dumb. The smell of Inferni was so strong everywhere, so they had to be dumb. But daddy never said wolves would hurt her: just that they hurt wolves.

“But daddee says we eat dem wolves. Am I too small to eat dem wolves aliiveee?” she asked, trying to imitate the way the lady spoke. “I go home, lady miss ma’am please. Daddy says things like that, so I don’t wanna... wee.... weeeg... weeee... thingy... please ma’am,” she replied. She took a step back, then another, and one more to show the lady that she would go home.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread