Round 'Em Up while moving in!
OOC - I figured since Zarifa had a bear guardian she must have liked animals. Also, I am a tad new at role-playing so any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :3

Zarifa had been walking for a bit now when she heard a very loud sound coming from about northeast of her. She ran towards the thundering sound of what she believed to be a stampede of horses. Soon she reached the source of the loud noise and found a small herd of wild mustangs. "Oh! Look at that...." Zarifa whispered to herself. The young female remembered Skye saying something about being aloud to have horses kept at that large stable on Cercatori d'Arte territory. 'Hmm... I think a horse might come in handy when trading and traveling. What a coincidence, I'm glad I grabbed that rope I found outside the borders when I was on my way here. Over there, that black mare looks strong, I think I'll capture her!' with that thought in mind Zarifa shifted into her Optime form and tied her skirt around her waist. 'Ok.... if I can just sneak by her I should be able to slip the rope around her neck....' interrupting her thought, she noticed the mare had gone to eat the grass a few feet away from the herd. 'Yes! Excellent, now this should be easier.' thought Zarifa. She swayed to the right before slowly stalking towards the mare, rope hanging loosely in her right hand. '1...2...3!' on the count of three Zarifa threw the rope around the mare's neck and pulled it tight. Zarifa made no mistake in this horse's strength because it was quite hard to get the rope around the horse's face. After a bit of struggling Zarifa was able to fix the rope around the horse so that it was in the form of a make-do halter. "Gotcha! Calm down, calm down." she spoke to the horse soothingly until the mare relaxed and gave up on running away. During this time the herd had run away in fear of also being caught. "Hmm, you seem to be a bit more domesticated than most wild mustangs. I wonder, did you run away from your past owner?" Zarifa pondered this idea until grasping the rope firmly and walking back towards Thornbury. While walking Zarifa thought of a name that suited this horse rather well "Rose, that is your name now. It suits you because although you are beautiful you are dangerous to those who are not careful." she said. Rose softly neighed as though she agreed with her. Zarifa giggled as she walked to the stables and placed Rose in one. "Here you are Rose, your new home from now on." Zarifa said as she fed Rose a handful of hay. Zarifa really hoped that Skye would let her keep Rose because as she walked away from Rose she couldn't help but feel attached to the mare already.

Zarifa slowly strolled into Thornbury deep in thought, remembering the night's previous activity. 'Being a minor insomniac has its pros I suppose." she thought. After passing a few stores and houses she came upon a stone building that appeared vacant. 'Hm.... I think a house would be a good place to stay for the night. I might be able to obtain this house since it is empty.' Zarifa pondered whether or not if she would enter the house. After a few minutes she decided to claim this house and clean it up a bit. She walked around the small living room before entering the kitchen. After opening a few drawers she came upon a small knife and a cutting board. Reaching down Zarifa opened the lower cupboards and discovered a very old pot and pan. 'With some hard work these tools could be clean and look brand new!' she thought happily. Setting the tools down Zarifa turned and walked into the bedroom. Searching through the drawers and boxes she found a beautiful pearl necklace along with some other valuable pieces of jewelery and a bag. 'This necklace would make a lovely gift. I think I'll give it to Skye as a thank-you gift for letting me into the pack.I should also show these other pieces of jewelery to her.' with this in mind Zarifa placed the items in her newly found cloth bag. At this point Zarifa had exited the house and closed the door behind her. She left the house and wondered around Thornbury to see if she could spot her Capitana.

Messages In This Thread