The day the earth stood still
[html]
I have permission from James to join in, I guess I’ll resume posting order after Ravesque afterwards?

Traveling to Crimson Dreams had taken longer than expected, and she planned to come back a few days earlier. Rio was crossing the Anathema border as she thought about her wasted trip. She hadn’t found Ehno, only her grumpy aunt that shooed her away anyway. She knew her mother, Naniko, was probably nearing the end of her pregnancy and wanted to get to her as soon as possible. She would probably need Rio’s help now, being big and all.

As Rio neared the caves, her pace quickened. She was anxious to see her mom again. She wanted to rant and rave to her about how her Aunt Ghita was so bitter. Maybe ask her why that was afterwards. She entered the caves and remembered the way to her Mother’s den. As she stepped through the door, she didn’t see anyone around. She stopped and looked for a moment before realizing she must’ve been in Scorpius’ room in the back. Why was she in there?

Rio walked toward the room, now noticing that there were others here now. Unfamiliar scents mixed with Mom’s scent. And the smell of birth. Her black bushy tail began to wag as she peeked her head into the back room. ”Hey Momma!” She figured Naniko was probably in pain and most likely not in the best mood, but she stuck around anyway. She didn’t enter the room, though. She stayed by the door with just her head and arm poking in. She noticed the brute beside her brought her food, and instantly felt funny she hadn’t thought of anything to bring her. Then again, she didn’t know that Naniko would be giving birth on the day that she returned. ”How are you? Do you need anything?” She would wait on her hand in foot if need be. She cared for her Momma a lot.

After she was finished speaking she looked around at the others with a shy smile. ”Hello,” she said to them almost quietly. She had never seen them before and didn’t really know what to say to them other than a greeting. The room was small, but the others seemed to fit nicely. Rio came fully into the room, but still stayed by the door.

Word Count: 365

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly21 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa1c1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dcdfe5; }
.freebjuly21 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly21 {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KV9WB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0cc; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485c6f; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread