Insinuation Aromatic
[html]
No worries! Sorry for the weird posts o.o WC 333

She started and turned, fists balling. Her discoverer leant in the doorway, and recognising him she relaxed into a similarly lazy smile, her green eyes penetrative. She had no evidence of any spark between him and her mother, but it was difficult to overlook those tiny signals. Perhaps it was only that they were packmates, because he was looking at her with the same focus now too. She had not caught his name, in the whirl of over-excitement that her joining process had been to her; she was embarrassed about that now. She preferred to keep on top of such protocol. She had meant no disrespect. She needed something better to call him than Crimson though, once was just a reflexive come-back, twice was almost a come-on, and surely it was too soon for such things. He called her 'girl', which seemed much more suitable, but unfortunately worked only one way. At least his speech gave her something to respond to and delayed the question. "Could do worse," she understated happily, one hand waving around at the cavern, which looked a little bare although in her mind it was already bedecked exactly as she planned it to be. The vision blocked out her nerves, but they still jangled when she looked past Ravesque to the open tunnels. "I've gotta get used to pack-life again - I'm pretty damn rusty, it's been a while. Kinda glad it was you sneaking up on me. Not that we're much acquainted... but least I don't have to explain myself again, not just yet, anyhow!" She sighed, holding the smouldering incense forgotten at her side, curling up into her fur like a slow reversed rainstorm. Her eyes were hopeful now, pleading with him to smooth her anxiety, although she didn't dare reveal it as a weakness. In time it would become a core within a hard shell of strength, a flaw disguised as a blessing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread